And although I could be really, really angry. And upset. Truly annoyed. Ticked off. And even discouraged. I’m TRYING to find the positive side in all of this. So I bring you… my Pollyanna moment. When life gives you lemons….yada yada yada….
- My studio is moving anyway. Therefore this is a step one in “get organized” process.
- I’m getting in extra workouts moving everything up and down the stairs.
- I found leftover retired aka “vintage” StudioJewel necklaces so we can have another Instagram sale!
- I got to clean the top of my bench!
- And my lamps.
- And my tools.
- And my chair.
- And my trays.
- Etc etc etc – there was a lot of cleaning.
- I found out I am more resilient than I used to be.
- I discovered helpful teenagers who will come late at night (even when they are already in bed) to help mom.
- I have a dedicated husband.
- I have wonderful friends who came and set up fans and dehumidifiers ASAP!
- I have a great church that cares about the space I am in.
- Hopefully, I have an understanding customers who will understand when their order is a day or two late. 🙂
- Jelly bellies taste really good when you’re stressed out!
- There are no mice in my studio. Because mice can’t swim.
- Neither can roaches.
- When your back hurts from moving stuff, you forget your neck already hurt!
- Most things will dry. Most.
- My house is NOT flooded.
- This is minor in the great scheme.
- Rain means spring is coming!
So basically, I have nothing to complain about!
Here are some lovely photos for you to peruse!
|here is the water still coming in.|
|anneke demonstrating the water level outside my door…thus the reason it’s coming inside. hmmmm….|
|I had begun to pack up to move…that didn’t really work in my favor. Dog bed = trashed.|
|at least I like my wellies!|
|ahhhh…the drying process….|
|the morning after…no aspirin needed….just fans and dehumidifiers and patience.|
Hi, I’m Lisa
ARTIST BY TRADE.
MAKER BY BIRTH.
WIFE TO MY BEST-FRIEND.
MAMA TO 4 “smalls”.
ADDICTED TO COFFEE…AND DARK CHOCOLATE.
LOVER OF WINE.
SELF PROCLAIMED FASHIONISTA.
CAPTIVATED BY NATURE.
SPELLBOUND BY FIRE.
ENCHANTED BY THE WRITTEN WORD.
CRAZY ABOUT MY FURRY GIRLS.
CHILD OF THE KING.
Typically found with a camera in one hand…Starbucks in the other…a golden retriever by my side and slightly covered in silver dust. Guaranteed to be wearing fabulous boots and a smile on my face.
|check out this giant piece of quartz I found in Arizona! Think I can make a ring?|
|they looked cute…but they totally sagged!|
- Cover thine crotch
- Wear long tops. Tunics. Long sweaters. Long button downs. Again…think LONG. Get it?
- Add boots. You can wear flats…but boots make them look more like real pants. Ah…the deception!
- With boots. Add boot socks or cuffs. We all know how much I adore these, right? You don’t? Click here to read about my love of boot socks!
- Accessorize. Draw attention up? Scarves around your neck. Headbands. Earrings. Something.
- So you think you have big legs or you are too old? Phooey. Black is your friend. The end.
|boots from Wolverine Worldwide and CAT / boot socks from FreePeople|