- 1. Know your brands. Look for higher end items like Free People, BCBG, iNC etc. It just doesn’t make sense to buy something consignment that comes from Target. So know what brands you like and search them out!
- 2. Look for items with tags. I know this seems like a no brainer. But impulse shoppers will often “dump” items consignment that they just never wore!
- 3. Gently worn items are okay. Remember, this IS consignment. You have to expect that. But do look for holes on seams and under arms, pilling, and stains! *side bar* sometimes things can be fixed, and they will discount an item even more. So don’t be afraid to ask!
- 4. Dig. Dig. Dig. This is the part I hate, but if you are willing to look, you WILL find a gem!
- 5. When to shop? Monday’s people usually bring in what they cleaned out of their closets over the weekend. It typically takes a shop owner a day for turnover. So Tuesday’s are fantastic!
- 6. Remember, there’s only one. If you find something you like and it’s a good deal…snag it. This isn’t a boutique or department store, there are not multiple times!
- 7. The best finds for girls * in my opinion * are jeans. Dress clothes – Sunday dresses – prom wear – special events. Shoes. For guys? Dressier button down type shirts. Shoes. And often khaki type pants, they really didn’t want to wear them anyway!
|H&M but it still had tags and was super cute! under $10!|
|FreePeople tank top – coolest beading detail under $15|
|consignment is a great place to look for handbags!|
|I love this with skinny jeans and heels! under $15|
|one of Anneke’s favorite dresses. under $20.|