Jewelry story sharing @ 7:00 pm
I know this doesn’t take a whole lot of tutoring…it’s more of an introduction to a little gadget I have found indispensible in my shop. This little work horse is so efficient at removing tarnish…it truly is amazing.
So first and foremost, let me introduce you to…..ta da…the Speed Brite Mini!
I don’t really “get” all the science behind HOW it works…hey, I’m an artist, give me a break! It has something to do with the Ions that attach to the buildup, or tarnish, on your work and basically lift it off your jewels. The Ions then go after your clean jewelry to brighten and polish.
I love that it’s fast, odorless, silent, and safe! There are no ammonia or acids, which is a blessing if you are a jeweler like me…goodness knows I’m exposed to more harmful chemicals than I would like to be! You can use it on gold and silver, as well as all stones normally not eligible for cleaning…like pearls, opals, or turquoise!
So here is how it works:
1. Prepare your cleaner by adding the included cleaning solution mixed with water. Specific directions on the solution.
2. Get a bowl of fresh, clean water for rinsing.
4. Now go get your yuckies piece of jewelry…you know the one, it’s laying on your dresser so black that you don’t remember if it’s silver or gold! 🙂 Since I’m a jeweler I could find no piece THAT far gone. But for the sake of demonstration I did find this ring I cast a long time ago, and it’s been sitting on my bench for a good long time. I’ts set next to a bright & shiny ring for comparison.
5. Now you need to attach the “magic clip” either directly to the piece, or you can hang it on the included bar. I like to go for direct clippage!
6. Once your jewelry is suspended in the solution, press the button on the front of the unit. Gold can stay in for 30 seconds, but you MUST take silver out every 10 seconds and rinse in water. Look at how many bubbles are in the photo. That’s the Ions hard at work. I dipped the ring in for 2 cycles…total 20 seconds…rinsing in water and wiping on a towel in between cycles.
7. That is all that is to it, and look at this ring! Bright, shiny…like new. Hmmm, maybe I’ll have to finish it now!
If you are interested in this mighty wonder…please contact me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment on this post….and I will send you a PayPal request for money. It sells for $80.00 plus shipping. Yes, it’s not a cheap item, but most places I’ve checked into are selling them for $100 – $140! That’s ridiculous! I’d rather pass my savings on to you because I think it’s such a wonderful thing. Besides, people with yucky jewelry are bad reflections on “us” jewelers!
It does need to ship UPS ground due to the chemical solution included with the item. It includes a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty as well as a 9 volt battery to make her go! Best of all? She’s made in the USA!!!