Summer fashion highly involves sandals. Wedges, flip flops, strappy heels, gladiators. What do they ALL have in common?
And truly? Nothing ruins the look of fantastic sandals than a pair of ratty feet and unpainted toe nails. Ick.
Even better? Why not plan a girls night in? Can you say….Diva time?!
Either way, here are some easy tips to get those “I’ve been hiding in boots all winter feet” ready to shine in the best sandals summer has to offer!
- Remove your nail polish.
- Soak for 15-30 minutes – add bath salts, essential oils or Epsom salts to the warm water.
- EXFOLIATE! Using the pumice stone they can begin to scrub away the rough layers of skin to get their feel nice and smooth.
- Rinse in the basin, dry off your piggies…slightly…not completely.
- Moisturize. A bit of dampness will help seal in the moisturizer. And take your time. Rub it in and enjoy the pretty scent! And if you can find a lotion with Vitamin E, or Shea butter or jojoba oil..even better.
- Toe Time! Trim or file their nails as you wish.
- Before you polish take one more swipe with the nail polish remover to make sure all that lotion is off of your nail. Trust me on this one!
- Polish…have fun with this one. Colors for summer include..are you ready?
Pistachio Green • Tangerine Tango • Glitter • Neon’s • Blues
- Add a top coat and you are golden!
For today’s post I thought I would ask him what he likes to see me wear. Of course he began with see through t-shirts and certain undergarments….such a guy….but I reminded him, very specifically (sometimes you need to spell things out to those of the opposite sex) what I was asking for. Clothes for OUTSIDE of the home. Geesh!
Interestingly enough, his number one choice for me are dresses. Specifically? He loves my long boho maxi dresses. His opinion? They are trendy and feminine and leave enough to the imagination to make them sexy. I’m loving this one by Gypsy 05 and Bluefly.com. I tried to locate a photo of me in his favorite dress of mine…and I did find this one. Taken in Asheville last year at the TypeAParent conference.
In desperation a few weeks ago…I called on him to shop for me. He was out running errands, I was packing with a flight to catch in a couple hours and NO strappy black heels to be found! I begged him to swing in the nearest store and see what he could find. These were his choice…and I love them! Proving great style can come from some of the least likely places. Go team Meijer!
I am TOTALLY a jeans kinda girl so I was a little concerned to hear his opinion on this topic. He likes jeans, nice fitting jeans. Of course that will be different for everyone. My advice? Know your body type. He likes to see my denim paired with something flirty and feminine. Something girly. Something like this cute limeade tank from Francesca’s Collection.
Today, in the midst of preparing for a sale, filling orders, teaching children, driving all over creation, processing all that is whirling in my head, and feeling vastly inadequate…I’m going to do just that. Be still.
What do YOU do when the overwhelm sets in? Do you have a favorite way to “re-group”? I’d love to know.
Join the Weekly Gem