Skinny jeans are pretty much my mainstay. Denim is just my “go to”. And, apparently, all the girls in my family agree. We all had some form of denim on yesterday!
- Chambray is very popular for this spring and summer. Yes it looks good with khakis, but it pairs equally well with jeans. Just choose a lighter top with darker bottoms. Or if you don’t mind drawing attention to your bottom half, switch it up.
- Mix your denim type or style. For example, choose a very fitted crisp chambray shirt and pair it with distressed jeans. The contrast in styles help you to pull it off!
- Vests. Jean vests are super hot and a great layering piece. When you put one on over a t-shirt or even a button down shirt, let the hem hang below the vest to break up your denims.
- Colored denim is PERFECT to mix with traditional blue. Since skinny jeans come in an array of colors. Pick a pair in bright, fun color – and yes colored jeans are acceptable at any age! Now chose a chambray shirt or a jean jacket to top them off.
- OR…black and blue denim together. Again, choose one more distressed and the other crisp. Viola!
- Printed denim. Again, big trend for this spring and summer. Choose a printed denim skirt and add a sleeveless light chambray shirt for a super chic look.
Easy everyday outfit. Basic Levi’s jeans in a dark wash, Chambray shirt light, wide leather belt, gladiator sandals from Target, a pop of color scarf, and a leather wrap bracelet from Studio Jewel 🙂
For the weekend. Skinny jeans dark wash, plaid shirt, wide leather belt, tall boots, color in your handbag, and a distressed jean jacket in a lighter wash, don’t forget your jewels from ME!
If you have any ideas I’d love to know. Better yet, show me your latest and greatest denim pairing! Just email me at hello@StudioJewel.com
(our take on denim this weekend…not doubled up…but we sure embrace it!)